Kennedy Ying Ho Wong graduated from the University of Kent, England in 1984 and received an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Civil Laws (DCL) from his alma mater in 2007 and Doctor of Laws, honoris causa (LLD) in 2013 from Hong Kong Baptist University. He was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Hong Kong in February 1988. In 1993 he became a China Attesting Officer appointed by the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China. Dr. Wong is also a director of the China Law Society.
Kennedy ably strategized the expansion direction of the firm, strengthening its China Department in the 1980s and succeeded in obtaining the approval of the Ministry of Justice to open an office in Shanghai in 1992 and in Beijing in 2005 respectively.
Kennedy was a member of the Provisional Legislative Council of Hong Kong SAR. In 1998, he was selected as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of Hong Kong and in 2003 he was selected as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World.
Kennedy now serves on the following public bodies:
- National Committee Member, Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference
- Member, Election Committee of the Hong Kong SAR
- Standing Committee Member of China Council for the Promotion of Peaceful National Reunification
- Chairman of Hong Kong Association for the Promotion of Peaceful Reunification of China
- Honorary Consul General in Hong Kong SAR, The Republic of Albania
- Deputy Commissioner, Civil Aid Service Hong Kong
- Executive Director, The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
- Fellow of The Hong Kong Management Association
Kennedy was also a director of a number of listed and substantial private companies.