Kennedy Ying Ho Wong graduated from the University of Kent, England in 1984 and received an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Civil Laws (DCL) from his alma mater in 2007 and Doctor of Laws, honoris causa (LLD) in 2013 from Hong Kong Baptist University. He was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Hong Kong in February 1988. In 1993 he became a China Attesting Officer appointed by the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China. Dr. Wong is also a director of the China Law Society.
Kennedy ably strategized the expansion direction of the firm, strengthening its China Department in the 1980s and succeeded in obtaining the approval of the Ministry of Justice to open an office in Shanghai in 1992.
In 1998, Kennedy was selected as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of Hong Kong and in 2003 he was selected as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World.
Kennedy now serves on the following public bodies:
- National Committee Member, Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference
- Member of Legislative Council of HKSAR (Import / Export Constituency)
- Member, Election Committee of the Hong Kong SAR
- Vice President of the Hong Kong Chinese Importers’ and Exporters’ Association
- Executive Director, The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Board of Governors of the HKBU Foundation
Kennedy was also a director of a number of listed and substantial private companies.